Joe’s Movement Emporium is a cultural arts hub that acts as a catalyst for creativity and economic opportunity for all through programs and productions in education, the performing arts, and work readiness.
Based in Mount Rainier, Maryland in the Prince George’s Gateway Arts District since 1995, Joe’s serves more than 75,000 visitors annually and is home to a collective of 25 professional performance groups sharing space to rehearse, teach and present. Joe’s is an emporium for all people and artists to have space to create, practice, present, and explore their artistic gifts and talents.
Joe’s Movement Emporium is the perfect place for your next event! We’ve hosted anniversary parties, birthday parties, baby showers, bridal showers, wedding receptions, book signings, artist talks, fundraisers, dances, workshops, and more!
Available Spaces include
- Downstairs classrooms (ideal for children’s birthday parties, bridal showers, board meetings, workshops and more!) 25 – 60 people
- Upstairs studios (ideal for movement based workshops, rehearsals, birthday parties, special events, lectures and more!) 50 – 90 people
- Theater and lobby (ideal for performances, galas, conferences, dances, special events and more!)
- Choose your own caterer!
- Decorate the space!
- Enjoy our free parking!
- No B.Y.O.B. (bring your own beverage) events allowed
- No cooking on the premises
For rental rates and to get a quote, please click here to fill out our rental request form. Contact our staff via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone 301-699-1819, with additional questions.