This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how PopUp Republic, Inc. (“PopUp Republic”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all new users who register on our site. If you do not agree to our practices, please do not register, subscribe, create an account, post a listing of any kind, or otherwise interact with PopUp Republic at www.popuprepublic.com (or the mobile and touch versions), and any individual, business partner-specific, merchant-specific, state-specific, or other area-specific sites we offer (collectively, the “Sites”).
TYPE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information
- Transaction Information
- Mobile Location Information
HOW POPUP REPUBLIC COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
We ask you for Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, post a listing, or otherwise interact with the Sites or contact PopUp Republic.
If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with PopUp Republic or the Sites, the application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that application.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
PopUp Republic uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Sites;
- Provide customers with offers for products and services from participating merchants, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, previous trends or location;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for PopUp Republic services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about PopUp Republic and our merchants and business partners, such as PopUp Republic news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Site.
WHEN AND WHY WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Merchants, but only to the extent you have participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through PopUp Republic on behalf of the merchant.
- PopUp Republic business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with PopUp Republic and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to PopUp Republic from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a PopUp Republic business partner, PopUp Republic may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between PopUp Republic and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If PopUp Republic is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best deals available through our merchants and business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, Financial Account Information, and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of our site or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the sites for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PopUp Republic has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information when it is being transmitted over the Internet.
PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by PopUp Republic through your interaction with the Sites. Other websites that may be accessible through links from our Sites may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our merchants and business partners may have their own privacy statements, too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features to our Sites. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.